THE NEW ZEALAND MARITIME RECORD
Displacement: 388 or 395 tons register
1857 Built at Bristol, England
She was initially registered in Newfoundland and spent her first 20 years in the China Tea trade.
1884 Used in British waters until 1884, when she was registered at Sydney and later at Dunedin.
1893 Owned by Arthur Luman of Sydney, Astralia.
1893 to 1914 Owned by the Union Steam Ship Company and used as a tea-trader.
1915? Broken up by a syndicate of waterside workers for her copper and brass bolts.
1923 Beached at Quail Island in Lyttelton Harbour.
One of the remarkable features about the remains of this ship are the wooden nails in the hull, which at low tide are still clearly visible.
Expanded images open in a new browser window.
Thanks to James Turner, Steven McLachlan (specialist in Maritime Covers) and Marcus Castell.
New Zealand Maritime Record
|Webmaster||Enquiries & Research|